Ninite.com does something I've seen only on Ubuntu before : it installs the right applications on your PC silently !
It has some very goods free
applications I use at home and at work :
- Firefox : to browse safely the web with enhanced experience due to add-ons,
- Picasa : to manage your digital photography library,
- Notepad++ : to edit text files,
- Skype, Pidgin : to communicate with friends and family,
- The Gimp : to edit pictures,
- Open Office : a good Microsoft Office replacement,
- Foxit Reader : a lightweight alternative to Adobe Reader,
- Microsoft Security Essentials : the free right anti-virus,
- Dropbox : to store files on the web,
- Google Earth : to browse the world,
- VLC : the opensource best media player,
- 7-zip : to compress-unzip files.
The easiest way to get apps.
- Pick your favorite software.
- Start your customized installer.
- You're done!
Ninite installs software fast with default settings and says "no" to browser toolbars and other junk.
Ninite checks your PC's language and 64-bit support
to install the latest, best version of each program.
Ninite runs on Windows XP/Vista/7 and works in the background unattended and 100% hands-free.
All Ninite does is automatically download and install the apps you select. Not even Ninite is installed.