posted Oct 14, 2011, 5:18 AM by Francois Tricot
updated Oct 14, 2011, 5:52 AM
It has been a while since I wrote a new article. Summer time.
Today, I'd like to talk about the mobile revolution taking place right now.
Because it's coming into Ceva, as well as in many other enterprise.
Fortunately, we made the right technology choices to benefit from it. I'm not going to discuss here if it's useful or not to access most enterprise IT from a smartphone or an iPad. Users will answer.
Let's just list what we already can do on smarthpnes or tablets with our IT:
- Read Emails, access Contacts and Calendar(s), Chat, Video-chat. Android and iOS users have a full synchronization with the sames apps on their computers. Blackberry users still experience some synchronization issues. Video chat is for latest Android phones only. Thanks to Google technology
- Check Collaboration web sites built on Google Sites. All sites you created (>600) can be optimized for Mobile display in one click
- Access read only or editable versions of Google Documents, Spreadsheets or Presentations
Now what's coming soon:
- Mobile Business Intelligence. Read and manipulate reports on iPhone or iPad. Sales, inventories, results... As consolidated as at the group level or as detailed as at each of our customers or product/SKU level. Thanks to Microstrategy technology.
Finally what's coming next. Next = next year
- Mobile Database. Access CRM, Project portfolio management, Insurances, Market Authorizations, Recruitment database : more than 50 applications. Thanks to Quickbase technology from Intuit. Will work on iPad, iPhone, Android Phones.
- Mobile ERP. Access Finance, Sales & Distribution, Manufacturing, Inventories, ... hundreds of screens for dozens of processes from an iPad.
We are probably far ahead competition in our ability to deliver soon a mobile IT. Now let's user decide what they want to see on their smartphones. Sorry again for my readers who still get an old Nokia :-)